Background

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Birthdays and Reunions

Our days have been busy, which explains why I haven't posted for awhile. Lately they have been filled with birthdays and reunions. On Saturday, the 15th, we helped Jay Dee's grandpa, Walt Rempel, celebrate his 80th birthday. His children planned a party out at the "home place" for all the family, friends, and the neighborhood that they grew up with. It was fun to see everyone, and to meet new people. Below is a picture of Ben and Maddie with their great-grandpa Rempel.

This past weekend we spent with my family in Kearney, Nebraska. We had a Phillips family reunion. Phillips is my grandma's maiden name. I was 13 when my great-grandparents passed away, and I haven't seen most of the relatives since then. So we had a good time telling stories and getting to know everyone again. The kids also enjoyed and indoor waterpark area. Ben was just a little too young yet to really enjoy it, mainly because he couldn't go down the two big slides.
This picture is of my mom pushing Maddie in her swing on friday. Can you see the smile on Maddie's face? One of her favorite things to do.

Ben, Grandma Joyce, Mom (Pam), Sondra, and Bert playing a mean game of Rummikub. I don't think Grandma's score was very good, because her 'helper' kept putting her tiles back in the draw bag. Oops!
This is my family picture. If you can't tell, we were a bit lazy and didn't feel like standing up. My mom (Pam), Dad (Gary), Ben, me, Jay Dee, and Madalyn.
My Grandma Joyce Burford, and her two brothers, Don and Jerry. Don lives in Kansas on the 'homeplace' and Jerry lives in Colorado. Grandma's other sister who lives in Kansas couldn't make it.
A picture of our extended family, with the Bullers, Ron, Kara, Penny, and Sondra.

My mom Pam, Penny, and Grandma Joyce.

This was after we got back home, and Ben and Papa were having some cookies before Papa and Nana made the trip back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment