Background

Thursday, August 6, 2009

August Already!

Okay, so I just realized that its been awhile since I posted, and now its already August 6! So where does the time go?

It seems that once again our lives have been busy. We actually got rain last weekend, and stayed home. Aren't you supposed to go somewhere when it rains? The one place we want to go is the Black Hills (I've never been), and this is not the time to go with Sturgis going on. So we didn't go anywhere, and instead we just spent time together which was wonderful. Plans for this week include baking bars for a Bethel Golf Tourney here in Henderson, a chiropractor appointment, and of course a trip to the York County Fair. I'll try to remember to take my camera and get some pictures. I'm sure there will be rides involved since Ben is getting bigger. The only problem is that I can't ride anything because I get sick, and he informed me that "maybe there will be a ferris wheel. I've never been on a ferris wheel!" Maybe this Mommy can manage that one...we'll see.

The only other thing we've done lately is go to the pool. That hasn't happened as much as I thought it would this summer. I'm already looking forward to next summer when Maddie is older and I won't worry about her as much. Watching two kids who can't swim is crazy! Ben will definitely be taking swimming lessons next year! So below are some pictures from our trip the other day. Maddie enjoyed playing in the little fountains, and she's not afraid of anything. Several times I pulled her up after she had fallen face first, and it never seemed to bother her.I FINALLY got Ben to go down the little slide by himself and realize that he can actually touch. He walked by it all the time in the water but it didn't click that he could touch I guess. The first time down this slide earlier this summer he didn't wait on me and was "sunk" as he puts it, and so he was scared to go down again. Now he can do it by himself which is a relief!
Maddie also likes this slide. We called Aunt Kara and Cousin Braden to go with us and so they met us there. So this is Aunt Kara helping Maddie up the slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment