Background

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The newest Allender...

and a new American!!! Meet Sophia Allender, daughter of Brian and Dunia Allender. Brian is my cousin, who I spent a lot of time with growing up in Kansas. He has always felt more like a brother than a cousin, and I think part of that is because we were both an only child. Brian and his wife just recently adopted Sophia from Russia and we were able to go meet her when they made the trek back to Kansas to visit. (They live in Miami, Florida). I was extra excited because Sophia is only 1 month older than Maddie. They didn't do a lot of playing together, mainly because Sophia was too busy taking EVERYTHING in that she saw on the farm. But it was so much fun to just be around them. My parents hosted a get-together, along with Brian's parents, at our family farm for any of our family that wanted to come see them and meet Sophia. We had a great time just relaxing in the shade and visiting.

This is Ben, Maddie, and Sophia together. I wonder how big these 3 will all be the next time they see each other?Of course, Dad couldn't resist holding little Soph. What a sweetie she is!This is Brian and my grandma, Nora Ellen, having some time with Great-Granddaughter Sophia. Grandma turned 80 this past year.




No comments:

Post a Comment