Background

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Family, Food, and Fun

The past several days have been spent at the farm enjoying time with all our family. Jay Dee's youngest brother, Scott and his wife, Christa, came back from Indiana for several days to visit. So we had a great time enjoying each others company. Below are several pictures from our weekend. We seemed to cram a lot in and it was a joy!

This is Madalyn and her cousin Braden who is about 3 months older than her. They have a wonderful time playing together and are constantly on the move, so its rare for me to get a picture of the two of them.One of the projects for the weekend was to paint Royce and Carol's house. Scott actually broke his finger and had to have surgery a couple weeks ago, but he managed to paint most of the house on his own with only one hand. This is a picture of Ben helping him out by washing all the shutters.
I had made arrangements with some friends for some sweet corn and got a call that it was ready. So on saturday morning we decided to put up about 200 ears. Maddie and Braden both enjoyed sucking the very juicy corn. Except Maddie seemed to find an ear, chew it for a bit, and then move on to another one.

This is a photo of Ben and his Great-Grandma Elva Janzen cleaning the corn before we cut it off the cob.
Okay, this picture I just had to take. This is Maddie and her Great-Grandpa Walt Rempel. I have this same picture with my Great-grandpa Allender, except that I was a year older. So next summer I'm going to make sure I get another one.
This was Ben and his Aunt Christa playing a game while eating some delicious yummy fruit!
Every year since I don't know when, the Janzen boys have always taken a Father's Day photo in front of Royce's Camero. Of course, these days it rarely happens on Father's Day; just whenever everyone is actually together. And now, the grandkids get to get in on the action too.
An extremely rare photo of the two of us. I honestly think the last one I remember taking was at Brad and Kara's wedding and that was 6 years ago! Thanks Christa!
I think Ben was a bit upset that Uncle Scott couldn't play more with him, and so he managed to get him roped into reading books one night. Thanks Scott!
Another interesting thing that happened was that Madalyn took a book to her Uncle Brad and wanted him to read to her. This NEVER happens. We've been trying and trying to read to her and she can never sit still long enough. So I'd like to know what's so great about Uncle Brad? Of course, she didn't last for the whole book, but longer than she ever has for us.
We had an absolutely wonderful time with Jay Dee's family over the past several days. The girls even managed to get in and evening and part of a day of scrapbooking together which we haven't done for a couple of years. Thanks Scott and Christa for visiting. We miss you guys so much already! The morning you left, when Ben woke up, the first thing he asked me was when do we get to put up the Christmas tree. I asked him why, and he said, "because that's when we get to see Uncle Scott and Aunt Christa again!" I think you both have a very special place in his heart! :)









1 comment:

  1. Ahhh... that's so sweet! We, amazingly enough, miss all the noise and chaos... at least a little bit. ;) It's nice to be home again but it was also just such a good visit! I can't wait to go through all my photos and start blogging this afternoon! :) Tell Ben we miss him already, too!

    ReplyDelete