Background

Thursday, July 9, 2009

A little about our title...

Where the Green Grass Grows...

I know what you're all thinking...why wouldn't she put something about 'where the corn grows'? Well I was trying to be creative, and this is as far as it got me. One of my favorite songs from my college years was by Tim McGraw called, Where the Green Grass Grows. I always liked the melody and actually hadn't listened to the song in many years. I heard it awhile back again, and it struck me how much the chorus was like my life right now. So that is where my blog title came from. Here are the lyrics from that chorus:

I'm gonna live where the green grass grows
Watch my corn pop up in rows
Every night be tucked in close to you
Raise our kids where the good Lords blessed
Point our rockin chairs towards the west
And plant our dreams where the peaceful river flows
Where the green grass grows

Basically, all we're missing is the peaceful river and we'd be set. Maybe someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment