Background

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wheat Harvest 2010

In June, the kids and I got the opportunity to take 2 weeks and go to Kansas to be with my parents and participate in wheat harvest. I thoroughly enjoy this time of year, always have! And we've never gotten the chance to spend 2 weeks with Papa and Nana so the kids were beyond ecstatic!!

Of course there always has to be a little bit of fun along with the work. On our last day there, Ben asked Papa if they could go fishing, and of course, Papa couldn't resist. So they went fishing in the few deeper holes in the creek by the house. I think a couple of small perch were caught. Relaxing time with Papa.
When in Kansas in June, only one word comes to mind....HOT! So what do you do on the farm with two little kids, let them play in the water. This particular day, they decided clothes were optional...actually Maddie got in the water with clothes on and then took them off. So I thought, okay let her play in her diaper...
...she had other plans...
...that is my dad's new puppy checking her out. Can you say "blackmail picture" someday?

Ahh...now to harvest. How can you resist a beautiful setting like this?



This is Maddie taking her first trip in the wheat truck to the elevator with me. She had to bring along her kitty for the ride. She wasn't so sure about the hot truck (no AC) and the loud noises. (its and old truck).
When we arrived at the farm, it was a bit wet, so Ben had to have his mud boots on to help Papa with chores.
Checking out the new puppy.
Somewhere I have more harvest pictures, but I'm not able to find them right now, so when I do, they'll probably be another post.

1 comment:

  1. What a great experience! Looks like you had lots of fun; glad you got to spend so much time in KS. And that photo with Maddie's little bum... TOO FUNNY! And I just laughed out loud when I noticed the puppy sniffing her out. Hilarious! I think this would be a winner of a contest of some sort. Thanks for updating!

    ReplyDelete