Background

Monday, September 21, 2009

Relaxing and Rejuvenating

This picture sums it all up:

I just spent the weekend at Swan Lake Christian Camp in South Dakota. I went with a group of women from our church for a Women's Retreat. The weekend was centered around a book titled, The Too-Busy Life. A couple of friends went with me and so we had a lot of fun catching up. What a great weekend to relax and unwind. Too bad it didn't last a week!

This is the cabin we stayed in. Funny enough, this particular cabin was built by Jay Dee and some other men from our church last February. Nice job guys!
My BFF, Amie. We've known each other since we were 11. Thanks Aunt Penny! Whoever thought we'd end up living so close to each other...now if we could only spend even more time together. Maybe when our kiddos are a bit older. (by the way, this picture was taken after we had spent an hour doing our makeup with the help of Mary Kay consultants...something that never happens in our lives now!)
Another view of the lake, from a deck that was built onto one of the new cabins.
Amie, Carrie, and I before we left to head home. Can you tell the wind had picked up a bit? Thanks for coming along girls. I had a wonderful time!






2 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! Glad you got to go and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could introduce you. I think God meant for you two to find each other!

    ReplyDelete